- Marketing matters, details matter, your investment matters
- No marketing budget = they (Realtor) are not vested
- How will your home stand out in the crowd?
- Sellers, make them prove their competence
I recently published a blog article that directly attacked the notion of marketing not being worth the investment for realtors. It seems that you increasingly see and hear the refrain that in the Internet/Information Age, it is no longer necessary to market real estate. The real estate industry is awash in false and misleading information about what is and is not important in the affective marketing of residential property. Sellers are justifiably confused and frustrated.
With this in mind, I decided to put together 6 simple questions that you, the seller, can ask the next Realtor you interview to list and market your home:
- What is the name and contact information for your preferred photographer? Additionally, will you be present for the photo shoot?
- Who do you feel is the ideal buyer for my home and how, specifically, do you plan on getting my home in front of that buyer?
- What syndication service or services do you use to sync my property listing in the MLS to the hundreds of additional websites which people use to search for real estate (Zillow, Realtor.com, Homes.com, etc.)?
- How do you ensure that the buyer has an experience marked by quality from the time they see the property listing online, to when they show up for the private showing? Better yet, how do you ensure that the buyer is sold on my home, before they ever see it in person?
- What is your initial marketing budget for promoting my home?
- Can you please show me the physical and digital promotional materials, created by you or your office, for your last 5 listings?
Ok, so I snuck a few more than 6 in there… I couldn’t help myself! What may be even more important than the questions themselves, are some of the answers which should make you RUN! Shoot me a text at 208-870-5624 or an email at Nick@AmherstLegacy.com to get further insight.
Should you, or anyone that you know, have any questions related to this post, please do not hesitate to reach out via phone, email, or text. I am passionate about helping others along their real estate journey.