A Note from the CEO:
“Prior to exploring the details of this role, and as we have already discussed in the interview process, we all have the same mission as staff members at Amherst Madison – to form lasting partnerships with our agents in their daily work serving clients. We all have the same job, no matter what our role at the company. That job is to make sure our agents are successful and our clients are served. To be successful here, you must have the maturity and discipline to see your specific role through the lens of our overall mission as well as the flexibility to serve both your specific responsibilities and the larger mission.”
- Nick Schlekeway, Founder and CEO
The Vice President of Career Development is a critical role combining experience as a REALTOR® with a passion for coaching and mentoring other agents on their way to success. The primary function of the role is to teach and coach our agents in the Amherst Madison Sales Methodology. You must not only be “passionate” about coaching and mentoring others but also embody that passion through a personal commitment to your own personal development.
Applicants will be closely evaluated to determine their formal training and education both inside and outside real estate, as well as their working knowledge of brokering transactions in the current environment. This is not a sales position it is an agent development position. Applicants must be
energized and motivated by not only training other agents to be successful, but by helping to build superior as well as unique systems for business development. Perhaps most importantly, they have to be willing to lead by example in their own, personal, pursuit of continuous improvement.
The Director of Agent Development is a leadership position and will work as a member of the Leadership Team at Amherst Madison and be integrated into special training sessions, strategy sessions, and personal development opportunities that correspond with that Team. If you want to continue selling real estate and coach/mentor on “the side”, please do not apply for this position. In short, you have to be able to train someone not only to sell real estate but to be a Real Estate Advisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative only and may vary by assignment):
• Supervision and execution of several established training systems as well as continued improvement of the same.
• Administration of the brokerage coaching system – training mentors and coaches and leading group sessions.
•Business planning and 1-on-1 strategy sessions with new as well as experienced agents
• Primary brokerage liaison to special training events or visits to instruct agents outside the company.
• Plan, organize, and lead all brokerage office meetings (2X) per month.
• On site availability to field agent questions and strategize for success – also must be available on a limited basis outside of normal business hours.
• Problem solving and broker assistance with agents on their transaction-related questions.
• Daily initiative and availability to help agents with their business, their transactions, or to simply lend a sympathetic ear.
• This is a demanding, fast-paced, full time, on-site position
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
• At least five (5) years of full-time experience as a REALTOR® with a robust history of success (you have closed a notable volume of real estate with high marks in professionalism)
• Idaho Driver’s License, Idaho Real Estate License
• An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities to successfully lead Agent Development may be considered.
• Experience with public speaking and/or live instruction of some applicable type and variety.
• Must successfully pass background investigation relevant to the position.
• Associate Broker License or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
• Working knowledge and experience in the NINJA Training System as well as general familiarity of Ferry, Buffini, and other significant industry programs. I.E., be a student of your profession.
• Candidates with prior experience in training, coaching, speaking, or serving as a managing broker will receive preferred ranking.
AM TRAINING AND SALES METHODOLOGY:
The training and coaching methodology at Amherst Madison is a unique combination of several models with heavy emphasis on practical application of skills and common-sense sales techniques aimed at building lifetime clientele. The methodology is proprietary and has been developed from within the organization, however, it is strongly influenced by the NINJA training system, CRS programs, and combinations of other relationship-based programs that place a high value on client service. What sets the AM system aside from more traditional sphere-based selling methodology is our heavy emphasis on aggressive lead generation, creative conversion techniques, marketing systems, and staying on the cutting edge of technology.
Dress code to be defined as business professional. This position, in particular, is to set a leadership tone at the office in terms of a high class of professional attire. The following are not allowed: jeans (unless designer and high quality), shorts, open shoes without a heel, t-shirts, yoga pants, sweat pants, or anything with holes or excessive wear. You are the first and last thing people will see and remember. If you need a stipend to purchase a few business professional outfits, please ask and it will be provided to you. If you need further definition as to what is “business professional” attire, please reference google.
Infrequent travel to conferences or training events will be required for this position.
EEOC POLICY/ANTI-HARASSMENT AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY:
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Amherst Madison prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amherst Madison conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations
Compensation: Annual Salary $75,000+