A Note from the CEO
“Prior to exploring the details of this role, and as we have already discussed in the interview process, we all have the same mission as staff members at Amherst Madison – to form lasting Partnerships with our agents in their daily work serving clients. We all have the same job, no matter what our role at the company. That job is to make sure our agents are successful and our clients are served. To be successful here, you must have the maturity and discipline to see your specific role through the lens of our overall mission as well as the flexibility to serve both your specific responsibilities and the larger mission.”
- Nick Schlekeway, Founder and CEO
This individual will be responsible for daily maintenance and operations of our HQ in the West Treasure Valley at 592 Benjamin in Boise, Idaho. In addition to duties as the receptionist and office manager this position will be responsible for assisting with agent support and general real estate administrative functions. In your primary role, you will be the “face of the company;” the first thing people see when they arrive and the last thing they see before they depart. Your ability and efforts to create a wonderful first and last impression is paramount to success in this position. You will be expected to be an expert at all systems, equipment, processes, and procedures which are necessary to keep the office running smoothly and agents/clients getting the professional level of service which they expect and to which they are entitled. Finally, you will be responsible for assisting the senior staff and developing your skills in a variety of real estate administrative support functions. Success in this position will require high degrees of flexibility and customer support. This is a live, often face-to-face, customer support position and any successful candidate must thrive in that environment. In addition, success will require rapid adoption of both Amherst Madison tools and technology as well as the ability to provide general assistance in troubleshooting technology problems (Apple systems, Microsoft systems, Android systems, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ( Illustrative only and may vary by assignment)
· Provide a steady, reliable, and professional presence in the reception area of the office.
· Expert knowledge of computer/technology systems, as well as office equipment, including: Dropbox, G Suite, Microsoft Office, printer/scanner, display monitors & associated equipment, wireless network, office phone system (management of calls)
· Maintain (clean, organize, stock, etc.) the reception area, café, training rooms, and all open office areas.
· Manage office store (signs, flyer boxes, marketing collateral, documents, etc.), conference room reservations, training room reservations, company training calendar, and much more.
· Direct support to the Vice President of Operations as well as other personnel, as directed by the CEO or VPO.
· Assist with office and company orientation for incoming agents.
· Support Broker and Leadership Team in all projects including agent recruiting, agent retention, and business development.
· Event planning and event coordination activities for the company.
· Provide direct support to our agents in the course of their daily work, this is often related to technical problems they are having with our systems or tools.
Dress code to be defined as business professional. This position, in particular, is to set a leadership tone at the office in terms of a high class of professional attire. The following are not allowed: jeans (unless designer and high quality), shorts, open shoes without a heel, t-shirts, yoga pants, sweat pants, or anything with holes or excessive wear. You are the first and last thing people will see and remember. If you need a stipend to purchase a few business professional outfits, please ask and it will be provided to you. If you need further definition as to what is “business professional” attire, please reference google.
Travel may be required for this position.
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
THIS JOB IS IDEAL FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Amherst Madison offers a full health care coverage plan- including dental and vision.
EEOC POLICY/ANTI-HARASSMENT AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
Amherst Madison is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the
purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Amherst Madison prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amherst Madison conforms to the spirit as well as
to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE UPDATED AND/OR MODIFIED
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or
new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not in any way
create a binding contract or employment contract with the prospective employee, nor does it alter the
“at-will” employment status of any employee, unless otherwise provided for in a written employment